Everyone has a different idea of what a dream wedding should be like! It’s all part of the romance that surrounds this special day.
But! However, weddings can be very expensive.
As time passes, the cost will only go up. There are many things to think about: the venue the wedding dress, your wedding cake, your dinner and entertainment, your wedding photos to print and take, as well as the cost of your wedding.
A lot of newlyweds are in debt because they spend so much money planning their wedding. This isn’t the ideal way to begin an affair!
We’re happy to share some of our tips for planning your dream wedding on budget with Imtazur, a Canadian wedding planner.
What is it typically cost to get married?
Imtazur Rahman: Perhaps this will not be a surprise to those who read this, but weddings on a budget are actually more frequent these days- with the cost of a wedding getting lower and lower. In the past the typical wedding in the United States cost $34,000. The cost dropped to $28,000 in 2019 but then climbed again to $19,000 in 2020.
What is the most costly part of wedding planning?
Imtazur Rahman: The venue is typically what will cost the most. The average venue costs about $10,000, which is about half of your budget. If the venue provides food tables, drinks, chairs and linens the cost could be between $12,000 and $14,000.
Depending on where you choose for the wedding, you may be more costly or less costly on certain dates. Also, consider the number of guests you will invite. The more guests you invite, the more space will you need!
What other wedding expenses are worth a lookout for?
Imtazur Rahman Outside of the catering or venue There are at most three factors that could affect the finances of newlyweds.
The engagement ring
- Engagement rings, which are the symbol of a marriage, can be very expensive. Your personal tastes will influence the cost however, you should expect to spend about $5,000 for most engagement rings.
Music & Entertainment
- The reception is a crucial element of the wedding. And it is all dependent on the type of entertainment you’d like. The cost of a live band is $3000 and DJs are less at $2,200.
Photography and Videography
- Photos and videos are essential to keep the memory of your special day. Professional photography can set you back about $2000, while videography services will run you about $1,000.
What’s the most important tip you can offer to plan a wedding with a tight budget?
Imtazur Rahman I believe the most common problem expecting brides or grooms to have is establishing the realistic budget for spending. Some of my clients have come to me with budgets that range as $8,000-$15,000 which I consider acceptable. It is possible to still organize a wedding for this price. It’s up to the couple to decide whether the budget they have chosen will be in line with their expectations. Canadian Wedding Planner – Imtazur Rahman
This is what I mean by saying that if you’re planning your wedding on a tight budget, it is important to ensure that the cost you decide to have set is reasonable for the kind of wedding you want to have. It is impossible to make your dream wedding be a reality by imposing any limitations. Trust me, it will cause you to spend more. So, my emphasis is on “realistic”.
What can grooms and brides do to ease the cost of weddings?
Imtazur Rahman Make concessions when you can! You don’t have to give up things you must must have — or at the very the very least, you don’t need to. You can offer concessions (and it could be anything) The following is what I mean by concessions:
- Choose the date for your wedding. It is possible to have your wedding on a weekday, instead of a Sunday or a Saturday. This will save you money on venue fees.
- Your wedding and reception should be at the same location! Avoid paying for several venues which could cost a lot. Instead, you should have your wedding and reception in one place.
- Limit your guest list! Do you have any guests that you absolutely must have on your wedding day? And whom are they? Take this into consideration: the more people that you invite to your wedding, the greater your budget will be. This is not just to pay for a bigger venue as well as to pay for other wedding features.
- Create your favors by yourself! This activity is very popular with my clients particularly considering the expensive cost of wedding favors.
Honestly, I can go on and on about the various concessions you can make in order to make your dream day run smoothly within your budget. But you’ll know what I mean! Sacrifice all that aren’t necessary to make the event even more special.
Are you in search of some last-minute tips to assist someone planning a wedding on a tight budget?
Imtazur Rahman Don’t be afraid to ask for help! And I don’t just mean the wedding planner either. This is also your friends and family! Invite them to join in and make it a day that everyone will keep in mind. I am sure they’ll be more than happy and able to assist in your celebration.
Imtazur Rahman: I have a website that allows you to get expert help planning your special day.