Your beauty regimen is extremely important for healthy-looking skin. Not only is having healthy skin important but it is vital to looking and feeling healthy. Yes, studies show that if you have a skincare regimen that you follow you are most likely going to have other healthy regimens in your life.
If you are not really into skincare you might just think washing your face with soap and water is effective. And although it is better than nothing, You need to incorporate other things into your skincare routine.
As we get older, we are more susceptible to wrinkles saggy skin, acne scars, and the list goes on. Having a skincare routine is vital because it can help fight signs of aging drastically and will having you looking and feeling a lot better.
If you are looking to get into a proper skincare routine all the different products might have you feeling overwhelmed. We get it there are a lot of different products and different uses that they have. We have come a long way fro just the soap and water, ways of taking care of ourselves. Of course, good skin does not just mean beauty products. It also has a lot to do with your diet as well. The healthier you eat the healthier you will look. Also drinking plenty of water is vital to go healthy-looking skin.
Essentials you need
Let’s get started with the basics in skincare, and what you need to start with!
- Face wash- When picking a face wash you are going to want to most importantly identity what your skin is. Dry, oily, Super dry, etc. Then from there, you can pick a face wash. A good face wash or foaming cleanser should be packed with nutrients for your face. You can choose to wash your face in the shower or over the sink. We always recommend washing your face in the shower, but as long as you wash your face that is all that matters.
- Clay Masks- You are going to want to treat your face to a clay mask now and then. It’s not only great for exfoliating but also great for vitamins and nutrients. You relax in the comfort of your own with a clay mask and even sip a glass of wine for deeper relaxation. When looking for a clay mask it is important to know what you are trying to achieve as some have different functions from other ones.
- Moisturizer- Having a good moisturizer is essential for healthy-looking skin. You want to ensure that your face is always hydrated. Having a dry face can lead to wrinkles and acne. Find a good moisturizer that does not clog your pores, or having a fragrance as sometimes that can irritate your face.
- Eye cream- Eye cream is essential because our under eyes are prone to getting wrinkles a lot easier. You want to try and find a cream that is also firming as well. You might want to try out a few different eye creams.
- SPF- Putting SPF on your face every day is very important. Our face can easily get damaged from the sun due to always being out in it. You can find moisturizers, concealers, and bronzers that have SPF in it. It is recommended that you use SPF 50 or greater.
Now let’s get a little bit more complex and dive into beauty products that you probably have not heard about yet. We learned the essentials that you needed to know about. But it goes deeper than that. There are a lot more products that you should know about so let’s dive into them.
- Vitamin c Brightening serum- This is essential because vitamin c is needed for your skin. The brightening serum in it will also help fade any blemishes and imperfections making your skin look clear and youthful.
- Foundations- You might already use a foundation, but is it good? When looking for a foundation you want to avoid using foundations that have a lot of additives in them, as that can clog your pores and leave you with acne. Look for a natural foundation, as natural products are very in right now.
Night cream and day creams- Using night and day creams are important because it is providing around the clock protection. At night when we are asleep our face should be repairing itself. With a night cream, it would boost your skin with vitamins and minerals. While using a day cream will keep you hydrated all day as well it will give you protection throughout your day. And for those who live in large cities that are polluted you want as much protection as you can get.
We hope this helped you with skincare. Even if you are starting it is easy to take care of your skin. We recommend that you focus on the basics first and then move on up to the more complex ones.