Brick oven pizzas are a favorite among pizza lovers. Brick ovens are specifically designed for cooking pizza and can reach extremely high temperatures, which allows the pizza to cook quickly and evenly. This type of pizza is often considered to be superior to pizzas cooked in conventional ovens, as the high heat results in a crispy crust and perfectly cooked toppings.
If you’re lucky enough to have a brick oven in your backyard, then you’re probably wondering how to make the perfect brick oven pizza.
There are a few things to keep in mind when making brick oven pizza. Firstly, the dough needs to be thin and well-floured so that it doesn’t stick to the brick oven. Secondly, the toppings should be fresh and flavorful so that they complement the crisp crust.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make brick oven pizza:
1. Preheat the brick oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Make your dough.
An easy pizza dough recipe is made with:
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Mix the water, yeast, and olive oil together in a bowl. Let it sit for a few minutes until the yeast activates. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until everything is well combined.
3. Once the dough is ready, stretch it out onto a well-floured surface.
If the dough is too sticky, add more flour.
4. Transfer the dough to a pizza stone or baking sheet.
5. Spread your favorite sauce over the dough.
6. Add your toppings of choice.
Pizzas can be made with anything from Pepperoni and sausage to vegetables and chicken.
7. Bake the pizza for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Enjoy your delicious brick oven pizza!